Job Listing Detail: Summer Guides
Date Posted: 2/5/15
Come live, play and work on the beautiful north shore. Lutsen Resort offers a wide range of complimentary recreational activities for guests. We are looking to hire 6 full time summer guides for the season. We pride our selves in providing high quality kayak tours, stand up paddleboard tours, guided hikes, naturalist programs, kid’s activities, shuttle service to trailheads, fly fishing instruction, crafts, lobby activities, and yoga. The programs serve an audience of families, children and adults vacationing here at Lutsen Resort. Activities and Recreation staff work an average of 38-42 hours per week from June 1st through Labor Day guiding a variety of activities and staffing the activities desk in our lobby. The first two weeks consist of training and program preparation followed by approximately ten weeks of programming.
- Lead and/or help teach and prepare for a variety of programs including guided hikes, stand up paddle boarding, naturalist programs, kids programs, lobby activities, fly fishing
- Guide Lake Superior sea kayaking and inland lake family kayaking tours
- Staff activities desk in main lodge – this includes providing resort guests information on area activities, current trail conditions, local businesses, and finding answers for guest’s questions.
- Provide safe activities.
- Stock, print, and fold area information pamphlets while staffing activities desk.
- Drive shuttles for guests to nearby trailheads.
- Attend activities staff meetings.
- Assist with equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Assist with program development.
- Report program statistics.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Experience teaching and leading formal outdoor/naturalist programs.
- Experience working with audiences of all ages and abilities.Lead Guide for Lake Superior sea kayaking and inland lake family kayaking tours.
- Experience sea kayaking on Lake Superior, knowledge of wind and weather patterns.
- For sea kayaking instructors, a current ACA or BCU kayaking instructor or guide certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Ability to teach to a variety of learning styles.
- Safety conscious.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks.
- Experience managing groups in an outdoor setting.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Current basic CPR and First Aid certifications. Current wilderness first aid preferred.
- People person, able to identify and converse casually as well as formally with guests.
Affordable on-site housing available. For more information, please call Drew at (218)-663-6630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org