Get a taste of dog sledding by catching a ride with Rita's Stoney Creek Sled Dogs. Her dogs are friendly, enthusiastic and happy to show you the magical world of dog sledding. Rita will entertain you with stories about the life of a musher. This nearby option is ideal for an introduction to the sport.
Sponsor A Dog
Donations help cover the costs of food and care for these hard-working canines. Get to know your adopted dog and receive recognition.
Outdoor (ed)Ventures Sponsor A Dog program
Sled Dog Rides
Tofte's Stoney Creek Sled Dogs
Nearby, short rides offered by a friendly musher and wonderful team of dogs. Let the team of Alaskan Huskies take you on a journey through the beautiful forest near the Temperance River and Sawbill Trail. Enjoyable for adventurers of all ages! Children must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your camera! Reservations are required.
- 30 min ride: Adults $50, children (12 & under) $30
- Longer rides available
- Maximum weight 500 lbs
- For reservations: Call 1- 888- 61NORTH or 218-663-7804
- Website: www.stoneycreeksleddogs.com
Mushing at Bearskin Lodge
Experience a dog sledding adventure into the deep wilderness at Bearskin Lodge on the Gunflint Trail this winter. Each trip involves interactive time getting to know the dogs and the musher. You may choose whether you want to ride warmly bundled in the sled, ride on the sled runners, or play a role in driving the team -- or perhaps you would like to have all these adventurous experiences during your trip.
- 1 1/2 hour trip: $95/person
- Half-day tour: $190/person
- For reservations: 800-338-4170
- Website: http://www.bearskin.com/mushing.html
Black Magic Kennels
Mark and Mary Black offer a dog sledding experience like no other. Located between Grand Marais and Hovland, the adventure begins when you load onto the snowmobile at the trailhead and ride the Iron Dog to the kennel. Tours generally begin at 10 am, but your tour is the only one for the day, so you can take as long as you want to ask questions or visit with the dogs. All tours finish with warm drinks and sweet treats before beginning the snowmobile ride back to your vehicle.
- Rides: 45 min $175/sled; 2 hour $275/sled
- Drive-Your-Own: 45 min $200/person; 2 hour $275/person
- For reservations: 218-349-7960 or email@example.com
- Website: www.blackmagickennels.com
Start or finish
your North Shore vacation with a dog sled ride through Duluth's
non-profit Outdoor (ed)Ventures. Their tours are private party only,
so your day with them will be very
personal and catered towards you. Explore the kennel, meet the dogs, and help harness
the team. Mush-your-own rides are always available. The perk of this non-profit is that
every trip purchased helps fund free or low-cost (ed)Ventures for local children.
- Half-day: Adults $190, Children (under12) $120
- Full-day: Adults $300, Children $190
- For reservations: call 218-391-0147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.outdooredventures.org